Hello Neighbor 2 (also known as Late Night Shift and formerly known as Hello Guest) is an upcoming Stealth Horror Thriller game from the Hello Neighbor series of games. The archive with the prototype game launcher appeared on December 20, 2019 (Hello Guest), but was opened on January 5, 2020. This game was a part of an ARG that tinyBuild hos was held ted. People of the community have come together to solve this ARG, which on the Secret Neighbor Discord server and Twitter. On June 13, 2020, Alpha 1 (HG) released. Later on July 23, 2020 the game was renamed to Hello Neighbor 2, on the same day (HN2 Alpha 1) was realesed.
Hello Neighbor 2 is a Stealth Horror Game where you’re being stalked by a mysterious creature as you try to track down Mr. Peterson (The Neighbor) who has disappeared after the events of the first game. Play against an advanced, self-learning AI that tracks and adapts to your every move.
- AI explores the environment and constantly seeks ways to ambush the player
- AI watches player navigation patterns and if these seem to be effective, will replicate them
- AI has a daily routine that gets disrupted by the player: sleeping, eating, cooking, and possibly going into the woods to dig up bags of non-bodies
- AI will use the same objects as the player, using them for the same purposes. If the player uses a fire extinguisher to get up top, so will the AI.
- Explore the Raven Brooks, there are no limitations and players can go anywhere from the beginning of the game. The AI protects its house when the player is trying to break in, and stalks the player when out in the open world.
- Players have their own stories. Narrative is emergent, depending on how players decide to play the game.
- The world changes depending on your actions
- Players should find creative solutions to solve the puzzle by combining different items, terrain features and platforming skills
- Many in-game events are persistent and scheduled in random order, that gives a feeling of a living world. Players may examine each random in-game event to find a different outcome
We play as reporter Quentin, who is investigating the case of missing Mr. Peterson. Traces lead him to a strange house in which the The Guest lives. Through binoculars, we see how he locks up the Neighbor (it turns out that the Neighbor and the Guest are 2 different people), and our task is to open the door to the attic and free Mr. Peterson.
It all depends on the actions of the player. And whatever he does, he will come to one final - he will open the attic and climb into it. And to open it, you need a key and a crowbar.
The key is in the Guest's room, above the boiler. The easiest way to pick it up is to wait for the fire to go out or you can also throw bottles in the fire.
The crowbar is in a room with a gate, to enter which you need to enter the code from the combination lock. It is generated randomly, so you need to put the security camera so that it looks at the combination lock and wait for the Guest to press the buttons. This will be the code to unlock the gate door.
To open the attic, you need to get into it. There are 3 ways to do this:
- Rope, It can be found in different places on the map of the game, and there are only a few ropes. The easiest way to find it is to climb on the nest, which is located on the roof of the house to the left of Mr. Peterson's House. In the Guest's room, there is a hole on the ceiling that leads to the roof, go to the long beam and by hanging on it, jump into the attic.
- Generator and wire, they can be found on the roof of the gas station, grab them and do the same as with the rope: we put the generator on the beam, connect the wire and hanging on the wire, and then jump into the attic.
- Fire extinguisher, Behind the Neighbor's house there are abandoned buildings, in one of which it is located. This house is red with blue on the sides. Climb onto it and hang down on the rope to get inside and get the fire extinguisher. Take it and fly into the attic.
- Propeller-hat, It is located in a lodge on the Neighbor lawn that looks similar to a toilet. It is locked with a blue padlock, which requires the matched key. You find it in one of the houses and open the toilet. Take away the propeller and fly into the attic.
It all ends with Quentin entering the attic and grabbing the second Forest Protector costume. He runs out back and sees the Neighbor with a car (and the Man In The Hat will be standing in the distance under a lamppost). He walks out of the attic and sees the inscription: "You win?", This is where the Alpha ends.
At the moment, the plot of the prototype is unknown, but here is our theory on it, and it is as follows:
We play as a Watchman, in the Golden Apple Park where the death of Lucy Yi, who flew out of the rail and crashed to her death, occured. We must keep a watchful eye on the abandoned park, as Vandals climb over the fence and attempt to destroy the park's property, and they need to be driven out of the park. The more Vandals you drive out the more money that you earn at the end of the night. Unfortunately, a "Forest Protector" named the Guest, theorized to be Mr. Peterson, runs around the park in a suit with a long beak that hides his face and tries to scare Ike.
The game ends in a good or bad ending:
It is necessary, having fulfilled certain conditions, to activate the lever in a small booth near the rocket ride. After activating the lever, the attraction will begin to function and one of the rocket carts will break through the park’s wall. Behind the wall, there is the Weather Station, also known as "Mayak" by the fanbase, after which the window lights up after the destruction of the wall, and the prototype of the game ends.
For this ending, you need to continuously get caught over and over. Everytime you get caught more and more Bombs get placed on the wall that encases the Weather Station. Eventually, once you get caught enough, the bad ending will play. In the bad ending, the Guest blows up the wall with the Bombs resulting in the Weather Station being damaged and you and the Guest being injured. The prototype then abruptly sends you to the title screen.
It first began with tinyBuild posting 2 screenshots to their Twitter that depicted Theodore Peterson (better known as The Neighbor) on a camera. He is wearing his ordinary outfit. The other screenshot of a character holding a radar, also being recorded. It isn't confirmed who it is exactly since their face is mostly hidden.
There is a red text that either read "Distance: 4" or "Distance: 6", this presumably indicates how far away The Neighbor is.
Secret Password (protected archive with Prototype)
On December 20, 2019, after the release of the Secret Neighbor Christmas Update, the message "/ HGP" appeared on the board in the room of the Neighbor. This code was used to access a secret website that is used to download HGP.
When you entered the website, which was found by ClassicJrb, there was a button on the site that gave the download. The file was password-protected, which could be obtained by activating the Mayak event and using the printer to get 20 different hexadecimal codes.
Later, on January 5, 2020, GreenHouseM13 used clues given by the creator of HN, Nikita, that he had put in his status. The clues lead to how the codes were supposed to be put together, and the end result looked like this:
The file contained a prototype launcher for the game. After launching the launcher, the game will be installed (about 600 MB in size). After the installation, you are able to play Hello Guest prototype.
Later, in January 2020, two videos were posted on the official Twitter: with a facial animation test for the Neighbor and the house of Neighbor.
In the Update Secret Neighbor, 22.214.171.124 was added a new secret in the form of a small video, which can be found in the trunk of the Man In The Hat's car by activating the secret. In the recording, Quentin can be seen grabbing a vandal by the hands. Then the angle changes to the Man in the Hat, who takes him somewhere.
TV Show Gameplay Trailer
The broadcast to the test pilot of the first episode of Hello Neighbor TV Show (Breaking and Entering) featured screenshots of the game, as well as a small gameplay piece.
Alpha 1 (HG)
At night, June 2, 2020, a small excerpt from the trailer for Hello Neighbor 2 was shown, as well as an image for Steam and the old game logo. According to Alex Nichiporchik, this is Hello Guest Alpha 1, which was released on June 6, 2020. On June 3, 2020, a game site was created on which screenshots of Hello Guest Alpha 1 were provided. On the day of release, for serious reasons, HG Alpha 1 was postponed to June 13, 2020. . The game trailer was released on the same day. For the period from June 6 to June 13, developers began to slowly merge HG Alpha 1 screenshots, and on June 10 a teaser for the game was even shown. HG Alpha 1 was available as a demo on Steam, the Windows 10 Store, and on the game’s official website (after the release of Hello Neighbor 2 Alpha 1, Hello Guest Alpha 1 will only be available at the last source listed here). After the release, two patches came out, correcting some errors.
Mysterious streaming premiere
On July 15, 2020 TinyBuild published a strange premiere preview which looked like an eye inside the grille shaped like a diamond on the red backgroud, Alex in the Hello Neighbor Discord Server said that this is the logo of the new studio Eerie Guest Studios in which will work redeemed by developers Dynamic Pixels and where they will work on Hello Neighbor 2. Later, on July 17, the premiere screen began to change, new screens appeared, with the presence of a raven and strange structures. Then, on the tinyBuild channel, access to the stream was removed. But still, you can follow the link to go to the premiere on the same channel on Youtube.
Hello Neighbor 2
On July 23, 2020, the trailer for Hello Neighbor 2 was released, which caused a lot of questions among fans. It was also shown in the broadcast. There Alex also told that in fact Hello Guest - it's Hello Neighbor 2. On the same day, Alpha 1 was released.
In the announced trailer for Hello Neighbor 2, a forward slash and 5 letters ("d", "i", "a", "r" and "y") were found that make up "/ diary". As in the case with "/ hgp" - this is a part of the link, which must also be inserted at the end of the link. But in this case - at the end of the link to the official website Hello Neighbor 2. And it turned out the following: https://www.helloneighbor2.com/diary
Initially, the page had a black background, and on it there were black letters forming the word tomorrow. Later, the black background and letters were replaced with a background similar to the texture of plywood. Even later, the pieces of wood appeared on the top and bottom of the page, which made the site look like a wall board. Also appeared: a piece of wallpaper with the words "Observations" and a piece with a photograph of Quentin. Later added: one more piece of wallpaper with the inscription "these guys are planning something", raven sticker, and Hello Neighbor 2 logo attached with a button; photo-screenshot taken from the official site of the game.
It is not yet known who this diary site belongs to.
- The archive password consists of four-digit hex codes that can be obtained by activating the secret in Secret Neighbor after version 126.96.36.199.
- Hello Guest prototype used a Patch Kit launcher.
- Hello Guest Prototype (HGP) is the second unfinished game released by developers, not from Steam or Epic Games (the first is Hello Neighbor: Hide & Seek Alpha).
- The Hello Guest prototype is the second prototype of the series (the first is the Hello Neighbor prototype), but unlike the Hello Neighbor prototype, the Hello Guest prototype is publicly available.
- This game has been through many different versions, and has been in development for over 18+ months. The game, as said by Alex Nichiporchik, is "Nowhere near completion".
- The game takes place in the amusement park "Golden Apple Park" (HG). This is confirmed by a broken inscription above the gate.
- It has been hinted that this game takes place after Hello Neighbor. Due to the game title currenty and the state of the house. Mr. Peterson's Forest Protector outfit looks dirty during his time living in the house in the forest. He also looks older.
- In addition to objects from the original, the game uses objects from Hello Neighbor: Hide & Seek, namely the trees from Stages 3 and 4.
- At the end of the video tinyBuild Year 9: The Trailer, shown in honor of the 9th anniversary of tinyBuild, flashed footage of the room in which the "Guest" was located. Most likely, this was the footage for the Hello Neighbor 2 trailer.
- Interestingly, hints about Hello Neighbor 2 appeared even earlier, with the release of Secret Neighbor.
- In that shot, you can see a mountain of boots on which lies a new chair, a traffic cone, and a bicycle.
- In the prototype's menu, on the tent behind the tree, you can see the Guest.
- A download without the password for HGP can be found here https://pastebin.com/ATE3Z2x8'
- In Hello Guest prototype the icons looked realistic, with the release of Alpha 1 (HG) the icons changed to cartoony.
- Some models and textures from the game are used in Secret Neighbor, but purely for the secret.
- At night, June 2, 2020, a small excerpt from the trailer for Hello Guest Alpha 1 was shown.
- On June 2, the website for Hello Neighbor 2 was released Here .
- On Discord, Alex said that Hello Guest Alpha 1 had many experiments.
- On June 4, 2020, a screenshot of the Steam game page was shown on Discord and it says that the game’s release date is October 2021. Most likely, this is the date of the full game of the game.
- This is the first Single-player Hello Neighbor game in which you can play as different characters.
- Like Secret Neighbor, Hello Neighbor 2 objects have 3D icons.
- It was revealed that the game's original name was Late Night Shift, which was then changed to Hello Neighbor 2 to be finally changed to Hello Guest, and then back to Hello Neighbor 2.